The Upcoming Commemoration of the Yartzheit of the Partzeva Rebbe (OBM), Rebbe Nosson Dovid Rabinowich, ( 7 Shevat 5778/January 23, 2018) .
On Tuesday evening ,7 Shevat, 5777 (1/23/18), at 8:30 pm, the yarzheit of the Partzeve Rebbe will be commemorated by his grandchildren and sponsored by his grandsons, the Dinover Rebbe, shlita and Rabbi Dr. Nathan David Rabinowich , at a “tish” in the Dinover Beis Medrash at 77 Wallabout Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York.
It is now eighty-eight years since his passing and B”H he has even merited a fifth generation of religious grandchildren! Although many of his children, Dr. Rabinowich’s uncles and aunts, perished in the Holocaust, five of them miraculously survived those terrible years and have left a few generations of descendants, some of them who are still Shomer Shabbat! It is not very known but the Partzever Rebbe zt”l probably led the third or fourth leading Hassidic Court in Poland. Of course, Ger was #1, followed closely by the Alexander Court.
Those that perished in the holocaust (May Hashem avenge their deaths) :
- From his first wife, Leah Raizel, daughter of Rebbe Yechiel Yaakov of Koznitz
- Faige Gittel, her husband, R’ Aaron of Stolin ( Warsaw Ghetto;11 Menachem Av ,1942)
- Reb Moshe Yechiel Elimelech Rabinowich,Admor of Lebertov and his wife Chaya Miriam and children Yitzchok, Chaim and Raizel (Shabbat Kodesh, 27 Sivan 1941)
- From his second wife, Yuta , of blessed memory, the daughter of Rebbe Moshe Yehuda Leib Shapira of Strizow(d. 2 Marcheshvan, 1918)
- Yaakov Yitzchak , Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, April 1943
- Reb Yerachmiel Yisrael Yoseph Danziger ,son of the last Alexander Rebbe, the “Akeidas Yitzchak” ,his wife Tova Chava and three children (Treblinka; 23 Elul, 1942)
The Partzeva Rebbe left his “Divrei Torah” in manuscript and were first published in 1983, fifty-three (= Gan Eden) years after his death, by Rabbi Dr. Nathan David Rabinowich. In 2012 , Dr. Rabinowich published a second edition with many additions including one of the most complete genealogical compilations dealing with Polish rabbis and Admorim. It also includes a fascinating essay entitled: “Partzeva of Below and Partzeva of Above” by the Partzeva’s son, the former Munkatcher Rebbe, Rebbe Baruch Y.Y. Rabinowich, ZT”L. This new edition, published with the enthusiastic support of the popular Torah supporter , Reb Tzvi Ysrael Snider Esq., of Baltimore, includes a beautiful introduction to the genealogical section, elaborating on the importance of ‘holy lineage, ’ by the Munkatcher Rebbe, mentioned earlier.
May the Partzeva Rebbe’s holy memory be blessed.